Thursday, October 21, 2010


So of course, I'm reading another Lewis book :) This time, it's Mere Christianity... a book many believers have started but struggled to finish. It's just packed with meaty information and logic and I love it! Here's a grand quote from the chapter on Social Morality:

"I may repeat 'Do as you would be done by' till I am black in the face, but I cannot really carry it out till I love my neighbor as myself: and I cannot learn to love my neighbor as myself till I learn to love God: and I cannot learn to love God except by learning to obey Him. And so, as I warned you, we are driven on to something more inward- driven on from social matters to religious matters. For the longest way round is the shortest way home."

Take some time today to maybe pray over this piece of knowledge, especially the last sentence. Sometimes reading the Word and praying and sharing the Gospel and being obedient and repenting and repenting again and trying to do every little thing that you do for Christ can get really tedious... but it's worth it. I promise. Christianity is not an easy way of life, but it is a rewarding one. It's the only religion that promises forgiveness of sins. Period. There's nothing we can do to earn God's love or take it away. We have been forgiven, and for that, we can celebrate and try our best to live for God! Yes, we will fail everyday, but He just picks us up again and holds our hand all the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment