Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Here's a thought.

Ok I just thought of this concept and need someone to help me (If you don't believe in predestination, I don't feel like arguing right now):
My dad brought up the verse in Psalm 32:9 which says, "Don't be like the horse or mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you." He said he read this and thought "THIS is why not everyone is saved, because our love would mean less to God because we would just be walking around like a mule lead by a bit and have no say in it all."
However, I brought up the point that whether it's one person or every person on earth, it means the same to God. If he predestined us (regardless), giving us the ability to love him, and then we continued to love him and follow him by utilizing our free will, then it would make no difference whether it was part or all of his creation that he predestined. Romans 8:30 says, "And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified." I mean, I always understood that verse, but now that I think about the fact that it brings God just as much joy when one person becomes a Christian as it would if the whole world was Christians, I just don't understand why he didn't predestine everyone. And if Ephesians 1:11-12 is true ("In him we are also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of hom who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.") then I don't get why all of Creation was not chosen by the Creator to bring him glory!
I'm not sure if this even makes any sense and I know it's not going to change the way I live, I'm just curious. If any one has any thoughts, please send them my way. I'd love to know what you're thinking right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment